myr·i·ad: adj. composed of numerous diverse elements or facets

Monday 21 April 2008

Happy Hunting!


You've all heard about job headhunters or executive headhunters  who search high and low for the perfect candidates that have the most potential in a certain position and try to recruit them to a company. Basically a business version of a matchmaker; but this time they make a lot more money. Don't worry, I'm not going to go into any business babble and bore the living daylights out of you. I'm talking about personal headhunting if you know what I mean. It seems that there are women out there who are headhunters, and pretty good at it too.  



What do headhunters do you say? They scope their territory first, then look for potential candidates, deliberate and decide on one, do a little research and dig up some information, secure the target, and when the right moment comes. BAM

One head down. 

So, why do women do that? I've heard a couple of stories that are incredible, you wouldn't believe the scenarios and drama that occur; but in the end, the women always gets what she wants. I must admit it takes strong will and determination to go through all that but is it okay? I've heard mixed reviews about this issue; some say it's the survival of the fittest, others say it's just unacceptable. 

Is it because they feel threatened? Short on time? Insecure? Bored? I personally wouldn't go all through that trouble because: 
a) no one is ever up to my standards 
b) my ego can't handle it
c) I'd rather the guy do all the work

Isn't that how it's supposed to be? or do I have to catch up with the times and work on some bait? 

Relax! That was a rhetorical question. Hunting isn't my favorite sport anyway. 

2 comments:

eshda3wa said...

you know iv ben hearing about them man hunters alot these days

do they gather at a special place and take classes?

My Myriad Life said...

Now that would could be a viable business, I'm sure whoever starts it will get a lot of customers who are interested in the tricks of the trade!